Waveform Wipeout Press Kit
Title: Waveform Wipeout
Platform: Steam PC, Mac, and Linux (other platforms planned)
Kickstarter Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/charcoalcitygames/waveform-wipeout
Release Date: August 2018 (estimated release / early access)
Developers: Charcoal City Games
Waveform Wipeout is a game where the player must surf on (and do rad tricks off of) audio waves. Get mad air and pull off sick tricks on levels that are generated based on the music you’re listening to. If you’re good enough, perform a variety of tricks and chain them together into a combo. Land the combo to score points and compete for the high score. Think Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater meets Guitar Hero in beautifully rendered 2D pixel art.
Waveform Wipeout combines the fast paced action of pulling off a sick combo of tricks with the novelty of rhythm games. The levels are generated based on the song you pick, so the possibilities are endless.
Dynamic track generation also lets you load any song from your hard drive and surf the waveforms! Interact with your music like never before.
- Follow the beat of the music and the prompts on screen in arcade mode for that authentic rhythm game experience.
- Surf the waves and do whatever tricks your heart desires in freestyle mode.
- Unlock new characters and environments by playing through story mode.
- Load any wav, mp3, or ogg file and surf the waveform of your music.
- Search for songs on YouTube and play them directly in the game.
- Twitch streamers can interact directly with their viewers. Chat members can use commands to queue songs in the streamer's playlist.
- Create and save playlists of your favorite music.
- Enjoy the ride in chill mode and surf along to a random mix of music based on your mood.
- Select what frequency range you want to surf on. Play the bass, mid range, or high end of a song!
Waveform Wipeout Credits
Developer / Project Lead
Designer / Artist
Eve "Yokaiy" Addison